At some point in history, the following sequence of events occurred:
- GitHub announced personal pages hosted via Git repos
- GitHub added a page generator
- Bitbucket announced they support Git
- Bitbucket offered personal pages via Bitbucket’s git repos
- HubMe was created so that GitHub users had a way to generate good looking GitHub homepages
- I saw this and thought it was cool
- I wrote a JQuery plugin that consumes your Bitbucket repos and lets you do whatever you wanted with them.
And thus, Brkt.js – A terrible name for a simple, but effective foray into AJAX.